A Program For Seniors in Southern Illinois
Money Management Programs
For senior adults who need help managing their finances and paying their bills. Tasks include opening and organizing mail, setting up a household budget, balancing a checkbook, paying bills, and/or serving as a Social Security representative payee. Volunteers are bonded and supervised. Call 1.800.642.7773 in Southern Illinois or 1.800.252.8966 elsewhere in Illinois. The applicant must meet the eligibility guidelines below.
- 1 person household, $40,400 annual income and $17,500 assets
- 2 person household, $46,150 annual income and $35,000 assets
- Note: If a minor child or adult child with developmental disabilities is living in a household, these amounts may be higher
For victims of documented abuse (adults age 60+ and people 19+ with disabilities), eligibility limits are listed below.
- 1 person household, $40,400 annual income and $40,400 assets
- 2 person household, $46,150 annual income and $46,150 assets
Many areas of the state, including Southern Illinois, offer this service for a small fee to individuals who have incomes or assets above these limits.
These figures may change if the poverty level changes.
Source in IL: IL VMMP
Get in touch!
We serve Illinois' 13 southern most counties. Alexander, Franklin, Hardin, Gallatin, Jackson, Johnson, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, and Williamson County.