The QI program pays for the Medicare Part B premium for people with income higher than the SLMB / SLIB program. There is no estate recovery in Illinois. Apply in Illinois through the ABE website online or a paper MSP application. The applicant must be enrolled in at least Medicare Part A and meet the eligibility guidelines below.
- 1 person household, between $1,288 and $1,449 income per month and $7,970 of countable assets
- 2 person household, between $1,742 and $1,960 income per month and $11,960 of countable assets
- Add $504 for each additional person in a household
Some states exempt these income sources:
- First $25 of monthly income and/or the first $20 of SSI income
- First $65 monthly of earned wages
- One-half of your monthly wages after the $65 is deducted
- SNAP (formerly called food stamps)
In all states, these assets are never counted:
- Primary house
- One car
- Household goods and wedding/engagement rings
- Burial plot
- Up to $1,500 for burial expenses if money is put aside
The monthly income limits are between 120% and 135% of the poverty level, although many states disregard some income. These figures may change if the poverty level changes.
Get in touch!
We serve Illinois' 13 southern most counties. Alexander, Franklin, Hardin, Gallatin, Jackson, Johnson, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, and Williamson County.