SNAP, Formerly Food Stamps
Financial assistance with food purchases. Use the following link to view eligibility information for immigrants and foreign nationals. Apply at a county office of the Illinois Dept. of Human Services or through the ABE website online. The applicant must meet the eligibility guidelines below.
- Age 60+ or disabled in 1 person household, up to $2,265 income per month
- At least one person age 60+ or disabled in 2 person household, up to $3,052 income per month
- Add $787 for each additional person in the household
The monthly income limit is and 200% of the poverty level when there is at least one person in the household who is age 60+ or is disabled
- No one age 60+ or disabled in 1 person household, up to $1,869 income per month
- No one age 60+ or disabled in 2 person household, up to $2,158 income per month
- Add $649 for each additional person in the household
The monthly income limit is 165% of the poverty level when no one in the household is age 60+ or disabled.
These figures may change if the poverty level changes.
Household income may be higher for certain elderly people and people with disabilities who may be subject to specified “net” income guidelines.
Source in IL: SNAP Program
Get in touch!
We serve Illinois' 13 southern most counties. Alexander, Franklin, Hardin, Gallatin, Jackson, Johnson, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, and Williamson County.