Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary
SLMB or SLIB
SLMB or SLIB pays the Medicare Part B premium for people with income higher than the QMB program. There is no estate recovery in Illinois. Apply in Illinois through the ABE website online or a paper MSP application. The applicant must be enrolled in at least Medicare Part A and meet the eligibility guidelines below.
- 1 person household, between $1,153 and $1,379 income per month and $8,400 of countable assets
- 2 person household, between $1,546 and $1,851 income per month and $12,600 of countable assets
- Add $454 for each additional person in a household
Some states exempt these income sources:
- First $25 of monthly income and/or the first $20 of SSI income
- First $65 monthly of earned wages
- One-half of monthly wages after the $65 is deducted
- SNAP (formerly called food stamps)
In all states, these assets are not counted:
- Primary house
- One car
- Household goods and wedding/engagement rings
- Burial plot
- Up to $1,500 for burial expenses if money is put aside
The monthly income limits are between 100% and 120% of the poverty level, although many states disregard some income. These figures may change if the poverty level changes.
Sources: Medicare Savings Programs and in IL: WAG 25-03-02-(2)
Get in touch!
We serve Illinois' 13 southern most counties. Alexander, Franklin, Hardin, Gallatin, Jackson, Johnson, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, and Williamson County.