Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary
SLMB or SLIB
SLMB or SLIB pays the Medicare Part B premium for people with income higher than the QMB program. There is no estate recovery in Illinois. Apply in Illinois through the ABE website online or a paper MSP application. The applicant must be enrolled in at least Medicare Part A and meet the eligibility guidelines below.
- 1 person household, between $1,158 and $1,384 income per month and $7,970 of countable assets
- 2 person household, between $1,551 and $1,856 income per month and $11,960 of countable assets
- Add $454 for each additional person in a household
Some states exempt these income sources:
- First $25 of monthly income and/or the first $20 of SSI income
- First $65 monthly of earned wages
- One-half of monthly wages after the $65 is deducted
- SNAP (formerly called food stamps)
In all states, these assets are not counted:
- Primary house
- One car
- Household goods and wedding/engagement rings
- Burial plot
- Up to $1,500 for burial expenses if money is put aside
The monthly income limits are between 100% and 120% of the poverty level, although many states disregard some income. These figures may change if the poverty level changes.
Get in touch!
We serve Illinois' 13 southern most counties. Alexander, Franklin, Hardin, Gallatin, Jackson, Johnson, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, and Williamson County.